April 27 UPDATE
The Board of Directors of Performing Arts Lakefield regretfully announces that we have made the difficult decision to postpone our upcoming concert series for 2020/21 in response to the coronavirus, COVID-19. This decision was made with the intent of supporting the health and safety of our audience, musicians, volunteers and community. We will be rescheduling this season’s outstanding concert line-up when possible. As well, we will do our best to add our Dreamboats concert when we reschedule.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our subscribers, donors, patrons, musicians and volunteers for their on-going support and commitment to Performing Arts Lakefield. We are committed to bringing you another fabulous concert series as soon as circumstances allow. Ticket holders have been contacted with options.
– President, Performing Arts Lakefield
April 1, 2020 UPDATE
- 1. Season Subscriber: We hope to see you for our 2020/2021 season! If you were a 2019/2020 season’s subscriber, and if we are able to arrange The Dreamboats concert at a later date, it will be considered part of the 2019-2020 season. If possible, please hold on to your 2019-2020 ticket.
- 2. If you were a 2019/2020 season’s subscriber, and we cannot rearrange the Dreamboat Concert, we will reduce the amount of $28.00 from the $140.00 cost of next season’s ticket, so you will only pay $112.00, or we will refund you the cost of the concert.
- 3. Tickets Purchased Through PayPal: If you bought tickets for just the Dreamboats concert through PayPal, we will be sending you an email about how we will refund you. Know that we cannot refund through PayPal, and we will need you to give us an address to which we can send a cheque. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not set up to do etransfers. If you do not receive an email by mid-April, please contact us through our Contact page on our website.
- 4. Sponsor: We thank you for your support and as your ad did not appear five times in our program, we will refund you a portion of your ad cost, if you would like us to. If you sponsor us next season, we will reduce your cost. We have heard from a number of sponsors that they would not accept a refund, so the choice is yours. We will reach out to you soon regarding your preference.
- 5. Of course, you all have the option of not asking for your refund and allowing us to put that money towards future programming.If you still have questions, please use our Contact page on our website. In conclusion, we are definitely looking forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible and stay tuned for our lineup for 2020/2021.
Our season had been booked solidly, but now we will have to see if we can still hold our dates and contracts as we planned.
Past note: In an abundance of caution due to the concerns of the coronavirus, we have cancelled the Dreamboat concert on April 18, 2020. Rest assured that advance ticket sales will be reimbursed, whether it is through a rescheduled concert or through a cheque in the mail. Season ticket holders will either be reimbursed the prorated amount for the concert, or be given a credit towards next year’s subscription, whichever they prefer. We will be contacting our advertisers with some options for reimbursement. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all deal with this difficult situation.
Download our 2019/20 brochure HERE!